- Hello fashion savvy friends! How is your Wednesday treating you? My last post featured an outfit that was inspired by the athletic trend for spring and got me to think about the wider trend of "Barrowed from the Boys"
- This is not a new trend but I see it being applied more playfully this spring, than in seasons past, where much of the influence was taken from men's tailoring and fabrications for a serious work-day world. Barrowed from the boys is the theme of this collage.
- This season is more playful, in the truest sense, with boy's jerseys, varsity jackets and athletic influences being adapted to gender- bending fashion for the girls. I decided to shop my look for you, and here is what I came up with:
Weekend Max Mara v neck top $390 - harrods.com
Topshop sweatshirt topshop.com
J Crew white top net-a-porter.com
River Island red cardigan $33 - riverisland.com
Victoria s Secret PINK long sleeve tee victoriassecret.com
Dressy top 1stdibs.com
Tanya Taylor black and white pencil skirt modaoperandi.com
Topshop boyfriend jeans topshop.com
Valentino slingback pumps $2,845 - harrods.com
Christian Louboutin white flat saksfifthavenue.com
Nicholas Kirkwood black and white shoes kirnazabete.com
Converse flat shoes $83 - johnlewis.com
Wedge sandals $33 - danielfootwear.com
Titanium necklace titanium-jewelry.com
Juicy Couture gold jewelry zappos.com
Kenzo baseball cap net-a-porter.com
- I am not sure why the link did not come up for the inexpensive "rockstud' pump featured on the lower left corner of my collage, but they are from Lovelywholesale.come and retail for 28.99 USD. There are also many versions on ebay and Amazon.
- Do not forget to mix this trend with your best loved ''girl" clothes. A tulle skirt is fabulous with a plaid blazer, or oversized jersey .It is fun to wear heels with these athletic pieces, too! Conversely, (pun intended) you can wear sneakers with a flirty, floral dress . Find your inner tomboy, and enjoy this trend! Girls: Game On- Shop It!