Julia is a friend of mine. She is exuberant, beautiful, intellectual, and nothing In- Between. She was a cinch to style. Gerardo brought out her best, and I hope you love this editorial style, photo shoot. We will start at the end.
Why not, it is an Upside Down World right now.
After the shoot we went out for dinner. Julia steps out.
Julia lives near the water. Her floor to ceiling views are inspiring. So, of course, that is where we began. Simply, and elegantly dressed, she is by her window, back lit by city lights.
I edited this photo exhaustively, being the perfectionist, that I can sometimes be. ( not so much when editing myself, I think). I loved every detail of this shot, but the composition was a lot to take in visually, so i edited it again, with less saturation. Somehow, with less, we see more.
BACK TO FULL SATURATION, JULIA SHINES.
LOOKING FOR DIFFERENT BACKGROUNDS, GERARDO AND I SETTLED ON THE BILLIARDS ROOM. WHY NOT? GAME ON!
These heels! How I wish I could walk so effortlessly in these!
THE LAST TWO PHOTOS END IN THE MIDDLE, IN HER HALLWAY. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN FOND OF THE MIDDLE.
- Silk dress by Valentino via Michael's Consignment Shop. Backstory: I bought this dress at deep discount,- Valentino for the price of Zara, STEEP-, because it was small, and the lace detail, unlined, went from stem to stern, shall we say. I took it to my seamstress, made it a bit smaller in the waist, and added a lavender- grey satin behind the lace, Voila! Fully lIned and It fits Julia perfectly, and fits me still, but is sadly no longer appropriate. Now it is hers, and it suits! Yes?
- Fingerless Gloves by CHANEL, via Designer Revival. More affordable options can be found on Ebay by Karl Lagerfeld.
- Satin pumps are Charlotte Olympia Paloma , sold out, but available here.
- CHANEL Bag from Encore on Madison Avenue. I love the tortoise trim.
- Julia's gorgeous headband was handmade by her aunt. Sort of similar here on Etsy.